MY THOUGHTS ON WHAT I'VE READ

• 21 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Dear everyone 

I read all your posts with heart felt empathy.

What I've pervieved is that the longer a partnership has been, the harder it is for the the one  left behind to let go and form another  meaningfull existance. As many of you know I was married to my dear Anne for 50yrs. Half a century!  How the hell do I start a new life at 74? OK some might say join a club for widowers and widows. And what might that lead to? Me meeting a widow similarly placed to me of the same age group. And then what? Me me slipping into a relationship?  Formulating the same love I had for my Anne? Perhaps inadvertingly calling her the same sweet loving nick names I called my Anne? NO! NO! NO! I have a friend who allowed this to happen 3yrs after losing his wife. She is now in a rest home suffering from dementia.So he is back to pretty much square one. To be honest I don't know how he could ever find another love after losing his wife at about 67. Over 30yrs married. But that's me. Who am I to judge. All I can say is that for me my Anne was, and still is my soul mate. Yes we were chalk and cheese. And in the early days our relationship was very much like Elizabeth Taylor  and Richard Burton. I once slapped her face and she once clawed my face, BUT the love was always there. Now THATS LOVE. Always forgiving. ALWAYS.

Towards  the end of my Anne's life we never stopped saying we loved each other. And these were the last words I said to my Anne in her  hospital bed . My sweetheart having taken her last breath passed away with a smile on her face. 

Love and Light 

Geoff

• Thank you Dennis. It will feel strange but he so wanted to see that birthday so I would like to celebrate it. I always made him a cake too! And I like cake so maybe I will still do it. 

I just feel I need to get away even if only one night. I don't really want company because he will be there as you say. I guess I am not odd after all then! Lol.

Xxx