When you just cant speak honestly to your loved ones ......

• 3 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Dear all

There has been a sudden shift in my perception of life. It hit me hard about 5 days ago after coming home from a very happy and pleasant meal with two friends. I've suddenly become  more of a robot than usual when alone. Just going through the everyday activities of surviving because nothing grabs my attention anymore. My intellectual thinking and interest  has now completely gone whether finding new things to do, searching for  new adventures, even continuing with what used to be my hobbies. I stare at TV films and disappear into fantasy worlds. Everything has  just flat lined. There is a DIY job half finished that I have no desire to complete anymore.  And all  this after 6 months of losing my Anne.My soul mate of 50yrs. I even missed an old work colleagues funeral two days ago  because I just didn't have the mental energy to attend.  In the early months of Annes passing, whilst I still assume I was in partial denial, I found the strength to do many things around the house. Even changing the living room  furniture around so as to no longer have triggers to past memories. I planned meals and did the house hold chores plus shopping which some how became easy. I told our two off spring in the past Im coping well and they believed me because at that time it was true. . My friends have seen me also as coping well, all laughs and conversation. And in the early days there was a measure of some truth in all of this but more recently I've started to nose dive. Everything, and I mean everything, has slowly become a type of nothingness. Now days I only eat when I'm hungry so set meals no longer exist. Maybe sometimes just a single ready meal lasting the whole day. I can't say I even enjoy eating anymore. In my street alone I'm in touch with three W idowers that have lost their wives in the last twelve months and we do share a lot of emotion together. But even thats not helping now despite the fact that openly they seem to be at least  coping well. But then I put on this pretence also.  At least I think its a pretence on there behalf.  Who knows? Im going through a dreadful psychological process now that medication or counselling cant fix. I know that because I take meds for clinical depression and acute anxiety. But the main thing is I just cant speak honestly to our two children -  and wont -  who visit every week, about this shift.  How can I burden them with my state of mind? They have their own lives to lead. So I post on our site. Just to off load my feelings in words alone.

Love and Light

Geoff

• I get what you mean although in my case it's the other way round. I couldn't begin to tell my dad my real feelings around my situation. He would be horrified to know that I can see no point anymore.  

Hope for a peaceful night.

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • 7 months now and I to feel that way a zombie at work no interest at all I only eat because I have to u will try to hide at work so I don't have to keep this mask on all day my father in law thinks I'm getting better but it's just a show when in bed it's just tears and sadness I have no meaning in life anyone so sad as I was always busy at something

Ian
  • Morning Ian. It’s 6 months for me now and everyone thinks I am ok , there is only one man I meet in the pub sometimes who’s wife died 5 years ago that understands that I am not ok. I don’t think I will ever be ok again. 

I don’t cry as often now but it just hits me sometimes and the tears flow. , in a way I am glad they do as it means Winnie is still close to me . If you know what I mean. 

Hope you have some sort of good day Ian. 

Mike 

Love you always Winnie xx