My husband died last week

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 26 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Good morning everyone, I lost my husband a week ago. From diagnosis to passing was just three weeks. I'm totally in shock and denial. Everyone thinks I'm being very strong. I'm frightened to break down because I don't think I will ever stop. I'm glad I've found this group.

• I'm sorry for your loss this is a good place to find some sort of comfort if you can call it that most of us on here seem to be in tears every day so let it flow shout and scream  have a rant on here but always be kind to yourself it hurts like hell but there will always be someone on here to help if they can

Ian
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Newb

Thank you so much...did it hit you straight away I'm worried I'm not reacting appropriately...perhaps the funeral will bring it home to me x

• I'm so sorry for your lost and the speed of it all. You must be so shocked.

Please do whatever you feel you need to do, nobody grieves the same way.

Hopefully you will feel able to speak freely on this page, we all do our best to support each other.

I hope you have family and friends looking after you.

• Ruby diamond x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ruby Diamond

Thank you Ruby ...we have 5 children two of which live fairly close to me and are all being wonderful as are friends ...I'm just so very numb x

• It is shock initially I cried but going through radiotherapy myself it didn't hit me for about a week then I just went into meltdown but we all react differently 

Ian
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Georgeharry, 

I am sorry to hear, you had to join our group, but at the same time its the best thing you've done. 

I have lost my husband in July. There was only 16 days between the diagnosis and him passing. Just over four months on I am still in shock as we tought, he was healthy until the first symptoms appeared.

I hope, you find some kind of comfort on this forum as we all do. 

Take care of yourself and don't try to hold your feelings back. 

Love

Andrea x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Newb

I think thats what might happen to me x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you Andrea yes that's the same as Colin so fit. Four weeks ago he was walking the dogs twice a day and gardening....just can't get my head around it x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

We were working in our garden, when he first complaint of the pain. I wish, he had never mentioned to his GP as he sent him home with muscle strain and told him to take painkillers. He was on them for six weeks before they sent him for blood test and scan. You can imagine, how angry I was. He went to hospital straight from work, after he was told, his results were back and he never came out again. 

Andrea

• I am so sorry to hear of recent loss and so suddenly. It is natural for your mind to protect from the pain so early on. I felt numb and in denial, at first, too.

Everyone deals with things differently and in their own time. So, please do not be hard on yourself. I have learnt not to have any expectations and to be kind to myself. Whatever stage of grief you are at there is always someone listening here.

With lots of love,

Dutsie Xx