A really bad day

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hello everyone,Just feel like I need to write this,don’t know why but today has been really hard,just can’t stop crying,even as I write this,I miss Alan so much I thought after the first anniversary things might get a bit easier but it’s not the case.I seem to be missing him more now,knowing I’ll never hear his voice or give him a hug,I promised him I would be strong and carry on but It’s so hard after 52 years married,it’s so quiet and the loneliness is horrible.Sorry if I’m sounding so negative but it’s just how I feel today.Has anyone else felt like as time passes it gets harder some days.Hope everyone has had a more reasonable weekend than myself.kind thoughts to you all...

Val.x

• Hi Val

Sending you a big hug.

It still feels like one step forward and 2 back for me regarding my feelings too. I read somewhere that "where there is deep grief there was deep love" and I definitely think that's the case. How can you not feel so alone after 52 years with the man you love.

There will be better days and then there will be sadder days I think we just have to go with it.

I hope today you find something to smile about.

I'm looking forward to watching Scotland play rugby later, not possibly the final score but it's something my Rob and I would have watched together and I hope somehow he's watching too.

Best wishes

• Ruby diamond x
  • Hi all had a good weekend not to many melt downs got back to work watched a video of the dogs I sent to her in hospital now I'm in meltdown

Ian
  • Hi Val. You are not alone in this feeling. One of the last things my wife said to me was please be happy, but that’s impossible without my darling wife with me. We were married for 43 years, and to try and live on your own is so heartbreaking 

yes the quiet and loneliness is one of the worst feelings I have ever had . I am 65 and if I manage to live another 10 years  or whatever ithe future holds nothing at all , except the loneliness . I know we all have to put up with it but it just seems so hard. 

Please val don’t ever be sorry for sounding negative. That’s why we are on here to support each other when we are feeling down. 

Hope you feel better today. 

Sending you a hug. 

Mike 

Love you always Winnie xx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ruby Diamond

Hi Ruby thank you for your kind words.Today has been very quiet I just potted about the house,post came and my granddaughter had sent a new picture of our great granddaughter which is lovely so I have put it next to one of Alan’s.he adored her.so that was a positive today,but still feeling low.Hope you enjoyed watching the rugby,Did Scotland win?..Best wishes...

Val...

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to winmick

Hi Mike,I’m trying really hard to be positive about things,but it’s so hard,and the word happy just means nothing,It’s impossible when the person you have spent most of your life with is no longer here,Hope your day has been ok and not to hard.thank you for the hug,.

Val.