Really struggled today

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hello everyone hope you all managed to get through another day.Its a year today since I lost Alan and I knew I would struggle but I did not know how much.went to the cemetery with family and I was ok until I placed his flowers down,It felt like I had been hit with a sledgehammer,I’m never going to see him again,hold his hand or have a cuddle.and I’m frightened because I can’t remember what he sounded like.been lying in bed looking at pictures and trying to remember his voice,has anyone else forgot what their husband/wife sounded like,just can’t stop crying.just wish I could hear him again,God this is a hard horrible journey.Sorry for being so negative just one of them days.hugs to everyone struggling today.....Val x

• Aw Val

Don't worry about sounding negative to us we all "get it"

What you described is absolutely a grief wave doesn't make it any easier but we all have them from time to time. I'm glad you had company visiting Alan on his first anniversary. It's so hard isn't it.

It's my 15th wedding anniversary next week, my second without Rob. I'm dreading it.

I too struggle remembering Rob. I can prompt my memories when I look at photos which breaks my heart 

Be kind to yourself 

• Ruby diamond x
  • Hi Vall66,
    your not struggling alone if it makes it any easier, I wish I kept some answer phone messages but the cancer robbed him of the voice I loved and left a voice I didn't recognise. Just that touch or the shared look. Hugs back to you x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ruby Diamond

Thank you for replying,it means a lot when people reply as I know we are all struggling yet in this group everyone has time and kind helpful words for everyone,Hope you are not going to be on your own on your anniversary.....Val

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to puddle fish

Hi puddle fish,Thought it was just me when I could not remember whatAlan sounded like,really upset me,he had a voice recorder he used to mess about withI I’m  trying to find it see if there is anything on it,just little things isn’t it.  Val x

• Hi there I have two videos of my wife on my phone I watch them every day her infectious giggle always makes me smile but sad I will never hear it live again 

Ian
  • Hi all 

I have a few videos on the iPad . It’s ice to look at them. But sad as well. All we have now is memories. 

Mike 

Love you always Winnie xx