The heartbreak at the passing of my wife

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hello everyone I’ve just recently joined this group and would just like to share the struggles I’ve encountered since the death of my beloved wife in July . I have been struggling very badly with my grief constantly breaking down  no matter where I’ve been or what I do as my wife did everything and went everywhere together we even worked and had our breaks together so losing her so suddenly was completely shattering to myself and my wife’s twin sister. Iam really struggling to cope at the minute but me and the wife have a 6 year old border collie who needs looking after he really is a godsend but he and nothing else can take away the feeling of complete desolation . I send out my heartfelt sympathy to anyone ( and I think there will be many ) who are going through the same emotions and situation as myself and hopefully this group may be able to give some comfort to us all 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Clifc62

I am sorry to hear about your loss and the pain you feel. 

You did the right thing to join this group. People here can share their feelings without having to worry of being judged. 

I have lost my husband in 21st July due to secondary liver cancer with unknown primary. We were also told about the diagnosis exactly same day on 3rd July. That was devastating news for both of us. He was admitted to the hospital in June this year and had no chance for survival. We always thought, he was an active and healthy person who never touched alcohol. We haven't got children nor pets. I am left on my own and to learn to get used to the new routine seems impossible.

There ia not a right way of grieving. We just have to take it step by step. Don't try to put too much on yourself. Only do a little at a time. Don't push your feelings back. If you need to cry then do so. 

You can write on this forum anytime. There's always someone here who will reply. We all are going through the same pain, so we understand. 

Take care of yourself. We are all here. 

Sending you hugs 

Andrea 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you so much Andrea your response means so much and I really appreciate it . I’am so sorry for your loss too but I’m sure that with the kindness and understanding of people in this group we will learn to cope with the devastating pain that we both feel you take care and lots of hugs to you too 

• Hi Cliffc62 first of all i would like to say how sorry I am for your loss. You have done the right thing joining this group. You can rant and rave and everyone will understand. My wife passed away on July 15 , and like you we did everything together, I also am finding it very hard to cope. I just have to think of Winnie and I burst into tears. I think we are all the same. Stay in touch with us on this forum, it’s the only place I find some comfort. And there is usually someone on that will answer you. 

Take care .

Mike 

Love you always Winnie xx
  • Hi this group has been a godsend to me and I think many you can rant on here and no one will ever pull you down there will also be someone to answer you so your never lonley 

Ian
  • Hi Cliffc62

It's all been said by my fellow members. And I endorse everything they have said. We are all going through an impossibly tough time and need each others understanding and support.Stay safe my friend.

Love and Light. Geoff.

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.