Lost wife at such a young age

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Ive  been to groups but every where i go its ppl around 50 / 60 years old .....i was 22 when i met my wife and 32 when she died at the age of 30 too stage four ovarian cancer is there anyone out there who has been through this situation and feel totally lost without your wife or without your husband please respond if you have id like too talk to someone who has been through this and maybe speak on the phone .im trying my best its been 3 months since i lost my wife.so im reaching out to anyone who has been through this or something very similar thank you for reading this 

Peter pan 
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Peter Pan,

I’m not quite as young as you but lost my husband last December. I am 38, as was he. Feels like a lot of life to live alone, doesn’t it? Do you have any children? I have a daughter who’s 4.

• Hi Peter Pan,

Firstly, please accept my condolences on the passing of your wife. I am so sorry for your loss and so glad you have found this group where you can talk to people who find themselves in a similar situation.

I was 27 and my husband 59 when we met in 2009. We had 9 years together. He passed away in May of last year.

I will be 37 on Tuesday. My husband would be 70 this June. I feel I have so much life to live without him and I sometimes don't even want to do that because I don't know how. But hours turn into days and days turn into weeks and weeks turn into months and somehow I seem to keep going. It isn't the life I wanted but it is the life I have been given. My husband wouldn't have left me, if he had been able to avoid it. But cancer took him from life and from me so very early. Now all I can do is to try and live a life as good as it can be and cherish the memories of my wonderful husband, best friend and soul mate.

32 is even younger to lose a spouse. I hope you have support in family and friends around you to help you in this difficult time.

Love, Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MelanieL

Im sorry you lost your soul mate your bestfriend your husband .i hear your pain...i have 2 friends in my life at the moment and a daughter who will be 12 on january the first ,but im not aloud too see her because of the poor court system and because she was brain washed against me ,but thats another story .atm im finding it hard to see a reason too live ,and even tho i know my daughter will come back one day because we had a great father daughter relationship ,my wife was my world in ten years we spent five days apart ,sometimes we would cry in bed before she got ill and she would say "what you crying for " and id say "what are you crying for " and both us replied to each other and said because i love you so much .everything is a reminder ,i look at our garden and all i see is us both re seeding our lawn together and enjoying life .she knew me better than i know myself .i just never pictured this happening .to see her cutting the grass in july 2018 and then see her pass away in febuary .i did my best to try save her after her treatment stopped but the last week before she died i thought she was okay still because she was eating talking her pain was under control and then suddenly she just started getting out of breath not eating and nervous and shakey and scared and then the sunday she passed away .i have never seen anyone pass away and i had never been to a funeral because i have mental health problems and because its too much for me i never went to my grans funeral not out disrespect but just i cannot cope esp with social phobia and social anxiety .but the day of my wifes funeral i found the power to carry her coffin and at the moment in life i just want to give up but i know i cant because my wife would wouldnt want that but i hate my life at the moment .everything is just dull .thank you for replying to my post x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I have a daughter who is 11 but i dont see because of the messed up law system and cause she was brsin washed but thats another story.....im sorry for your loss .life is hard and been lonely is tough :( xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi I'm  so sorry for your loss and it must be very hard so young. I'm  glad you reached out here. I don't want to suggest flippant  things to do to move on as you are grieving  the passing of your wife. If you need support or help reach out. I hope you have love and support around you.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I have a couple of friends who support me but everybody else turned there back on me .but it has made me stronger thank u for your kind message godbless x