Bad day

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Woke up this morning and for some reason I just started to sob my eyes out.Dont know why as yesterday I spent with family and had a good day.Even as I write I can’t stop crying.,Think I’m just feeling sorry for myself..Sorry for been so negative but I just feel so alone and lost.Im meant to be going out to a birthday meal tonight for my nephew but even tho I want to go I don’t,if that makes sense.just feel I want to pull the quilt over me and stay there.Dont even know if what I’m writing makes sense my head is all over the place.just felt I had to do something.I have deleted this I don’t know how many times , but just wondered if it’s happened to anyone else,it’s just over eight months now since Alan went yet it feels like the first day.,Once again sorry for being so negative.....

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Val66,

I can relate to the way you feel. When I'm with the family I put a brave face on and join in the fun. My wonderful wife Margi lost the battle last October.

Last weekend I spent a wonderful weekend with my daughter and her husband but when I got home on Monday I just felt like crying. I've experienced this on a few occasions after I've spent time with the family and I guess I want to be strong for my grown up children so they don't worry about me but when I come home I'm so lonely and sad. Macho man I'm not and I just blub/cry and I don't know when it's coming.

I'm starting to ramble now so I'll end this note by saying that I do have a bit of a weep everyday but it is getting better and my sadness at not having Margi with me will never go away but memories of the good times we had together are getting stronger.

Still looking for the new normal!

Take care

Ian

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Ian thank you for your reply,I’m just having a bad day I guess and I know all on here are going through the same thing.I know what you mean your trying to put on a brave face and trying to be strong for the family.im doing the same.I think .Its just the loneliness and the quietness in the house that gets to me.Hope you are having a good day today.regards Val...

• FormerMember

Dear Val

I can reassure you  (if that's  the right phrase) this is just how it can be. I think also it's more acute when you spend time with family because of course your person is missing and it's not normal with family but now that's how it is for us. I had a moment the other weekend as visiting my family the couples Sat together and I was on my own.

I hope you managed the party although it would be very hard I expect your family would be so happy you were there. Best wishes xxx

• FormerMember

Thank you for your post wifeof26years,Yes I do think that could be it,everyone together ,I do enjoy spending time with my family but still feel lonely.such a strange feeling.Yes I managed to go to the party, my daughter and son,in,law took me,was really strange because it was the first family event on my own,but the family were brilliant .and when I came home and was saying good night to Alan’s picture as I always do I told him all about it.I think he would have been pleased I had gone because he knows how I have always enjoyed family celebrations, Best wishes to you.xx