Facing the future: Together

• Early August Update

Things have been going ok for Dal since he came out of hospital, he has had some swelling on his knee which is unexplained, but an ultrasound on his entire leg proved that no blood clots were present, so we continue to monitor this. 

We took a camping trip to Somerset, just a long weekend, it is amazing what a short trip away can do to make you feel better about life in general. 

Treatment continues - just about to start…

• 4th July 2022 ... A trip to the Hospital. -updated - Again

It's been a while since I wrote in the blog, mainly because things continued smoothly and there were no real updates to give.

We received good news from the oncologist in June, in so much as she confirmed that she is still happy with the developments, all scans were good, bloods great, no issues what-so-ever. 

Asked maybe if we wanted to go on holiday, have a break from the treatment if Dal felt that he could do that…

• End of April update (2022)

Hi, 

I said that I would keep everyone informed of how it went with the Oncologist... 

This appointment was a face to face conversation for Dal and his Oncologist, as previously mentioned Dal is doing amazingly well and he has been told that whilst he is able to continue to manage the Chemo/Targetted therapy as well as he is, he will continue with this treatment. 

All Dal's bloods are good, actually they are amazing, based…

• Early April update

Just a quick update 

March Echo scan seemed to go ok, (waiting on oncologist to phone and let us know more)  and still waiting on CT scan appointment which seem to be taking longer now, we imagine this is caused by the backlog of Covid and lockdown.

Dal still has occasional glitches when eating, (which I think I find more scary than he does) and still has nosebleeds a few days after treatment, this is one of his main on…

• General Update - treatment continues

Another Month has passed every day is a miracle 

Treatment continues and we will get an update from the oncologist in a couple of weeks on how things are going, but for Dal, everything is good. 

It is true that occasionally there are some food issues when eating, which almost always invovles chicken and still Dal experiences the occasional nose bleed after treatment, but considering everything that he has been through…