Mid October 2022 Already !!

2 minute read time.

Camping was great, Dal the superman put up our tent and pottered around, a slight cough but overall not too bad. He took his antibiotics and just got on with it... That was a while ago now wasn't it Wink

Sorry for my delay in updating, Dal had his scan in September and the mass on his lung has decreased Pray but he needed further antibiotics to make sure it clears up. He has had a cough on and off through most of the past few months but he remains in good shape overall.  His hair is growing and he is sporting a new beard, "Whilst it is growing, let it grow" he says Laughing

Treatment remains every other week, sometimes he looks pale, grey even, other times he pushes through and you would not even know that this middle aged man is living with a non curable disease.  He manages the sickness feelings with the tablets and forces himself to keep going . On September 24th straight after having his chemo bottle removed he met me and the girls at Southwark Park,  we did the Cancer Research Shine walk , Dal  was amazing, his strength  and stamina enabled him to complete 13.1 miles around London and as a family we raised a grand total of  £3,160.00 + £603.75 Gift Aid.  This was Dal's way of giving something back.. we are very aware that without the efforts of organisations like CRUK and Macmillan we would not be so lucky with the treatment that he has been provided. That said it was a gruelling experience, and took several days to recover, but even with the pain and difficulties experienced getting around the course, we are very proud of ourselves Blush

Remembering that in May 2020 Dal was basically handed a death sentence, remembering that over the months and years that have followed we have lost loved ones to cancer, our youngest daughter married and proudly brought into our lives a new baby grandson, Dal has returned to work, we holidayed in Spain, bought a tent and have had a few UK camping trips, all things that we never knew was in our pathway to accomplish..  Again we remember, to never give up, to keep looking forwards, to make plans and never put on hold anything that we want to do. Life has a funny way of keeping us on our toes, and I for one am grateful that Dal has done a marvellous job of keeping on his. Kissing heart

Anonymous