Facing the future: Together

• June 2023 over three years since original diagnosis

If you have never been in this position, it is truly difficult to get your head around the miracle that is Dal,  created by the outstanding work of our NHS, Cancer Research Teams and sheer determination. 

It was May 2020 when we had our lives targeted by a horrible diagnosis and a life-limiting prognosis, of between 4 and 12 months... a lot has happened in that time, an adventure that has led us down different paths, and…

• February Already! Dal's Journey continues

I just wanted to drop in, it is important for me to remind myself why I started this blog and why writing something down every now and then ensures that as the weeks and months pass, something holds for me all the smaller memories that slip aside to make room for other things

Dal continues on his Herceptin Maintenance treatment, bloods every other week, and then treatment a few days later.  

Oncologist is very happy with…

• As 2022 closes - an update

I truly do not know where the time goes, it has been ages since my last update, yet it doesn't seem it was too long ago at all. 

Dal managed to shake off the cough eventually and has continued to grow his hair and beard, things have been going well.  About a month ago he went for his normal chemo treatment and was told by the duty staff that they were not giving the "Chemo" this time, just the Herceptin, we had not…

• Mid October 2022 Already !!

Camping was great, Dal the superman put up our tent and pottered around, a slight cough but overall not too bad. He took his antibiotics and just got on with it... That was a while ago now wasn't it 

Sorry for my delay in updating, Dal had his scan in September and the mass on his lung has decreased  but he needed further antibiotics to make sure it clears up. He has had a cough on and off through most of the past…

• End of August Update

Everything had been going along well, no real news to mention, until Wednesday when Dal received a call from his Oncologist. 

We are going away camping again and on this occasion it means Dal would not be having his treatment this week, the call from the oncologist was just a check in call, which led to a little bit of panic.

If you have been reading our blog from the beginning you will know that last October Dal has some…