Secondary endometrial cancrr

• 14 replies
  • 88 subscribers

I have been told I Have 3 lymph nodes that are secondaries of endometrial cancer.

The prognosis is poor, even with a laparotomy to clear the lymph nodes, followed up with chemo and radiation. I am in shock as is my sister and feel completely without hope. How do I cope with this. How do I help my family cope with losing me. I have no words.. I don't want to die the doc didn't say how long I have... Or why there was no treatment. .available. I am already dead inside.

• hi oak2 im so sorry its obvious you are in despair at the news that the cancer has returned in 3 lymph nodes. have you actually been told the prognosis is poor even with surgery. i had a recurrence in  a single lymph node 2 years ago which was removed and just have 6 monthly scans. do you know which lymph nodes are affected.

• Hello Oak2

Hope you ok.  Chin up champ.  My mum has a recurrence too in her lymph nodes and is receiving chemo.  She’s not been told her prognosis is poor…. The doctors have told her they will treat it…so far her scans have been positive…

I suggest getting a second opinion.  There is treatment… I know there is because my mom is receiving good care

happy to discuss further

lots of love xxx HeartHeartHeartHeart

• Hi . I'm so very sorry to read your post you must be totally numb. Take comfort in what both the other ladies have said where surgery and adjuvant treatments have worked effectively.

It might be a good idea to wait a day or so and write down some questions then ask for a second opinion and a clearer prognosis. Did the consultant definitely say there'd be no further treatment?

Nowadays scientific and medicinal advances have made living with this horrible disease possible. There is a very supportive group you could join Living with Incurable Cancer , where you'd be able to connect with others in a similar situation.

Sending gentle hugs, Barb xx Hugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Yes, the consultant said even with surgery and adjuvant therapy prognosis poor.

• Hello Oak

im sorry to hear what the consultant has said but I would strongly recommend you get a second opinion 

unfortunately having a recurrence in the lymph nodes happens to many ladies and I’ve noticed that the majority have been treated/ managed quite  successfully 

may I ask which lymph nodes are affected? I’m happy to chat if that’s easier 

sending you lots of love xx HeartHeartHeartHeart

• Hello papermoon. The nodes are the para aortic. Thank you for your encouragement. I am going to speak with a different consultant who I have seen before. The support nurse felt I should get another opinion. Feeling less despairing. Determined to have op. Chemo. Radiation therapy.

• Thank you lucky.  I am going to see another consultant for second opinion. The support nurse suggested this. She is sorting this out for me.

Feeling less despairing. And that consultant could have held back from the negative prognosis.

So much support on here... Gives me hopeLove letter

• Go for it champ! You going to be fine.  There is treatment. Chin up and please stay in touch.  Ask about immunotherapy drugs too.  My mums receiving atezomblib    Lots of love and best wishes xxx HeartHeart

• hi oak anyone would feel the same despair given that news by their consultant. mine has always been positive. you said in an earlier post that one tumour was deep in the stomach wall i assume that is not a lymph node and may be complicating things. i read your profile i also live alone with my cats. ive no family near its difficult on your own. i have a checkup scan this afternoon!

• Good luck with your scan papermoon x hope it all goes well x