prosthetic testicle

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hey, 

I had one of my testicles removed last summer and at the time I made the decision not to have a prosthesis put in due to the risk of infection delaying chemo or radiotherapy if I required it. 

I’ve been cancer free since September but I’ve recently started seriously considering getting a prosthesis put in but the only people who I know who have had a similar experience had the prosthesis put in alongside the main op. 

Has anyone had the same dilemma about to have or not to have a prothetic put in at a later date, and anyone have any feedback on how they have found having a prosthesis put in? 

Thanks 

Carjam 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm glad to read that you're cancer free.

I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet so replying to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list where it has more chance of being seen by someone who can help.

While you're waiting for replies if you type 'prosthesis' into the group search bar you can have a look through some of the previous posts which mention this and respond to any of the more recent posts if you think that the poster can help you further.

It would be great if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

thanks for the warm welcome and that was really useful, thanks for your help! 

• You're welcome Slight smile

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"