What Now

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hoping to get some advice. 

Mid April saw my doctor about pain in left testicle. blood and urine tests came back clear, however i insisted on an ultrasound scan. I had that last Tuesday and today I was told over the phone that the scan was clear and the little lump  i felt at the top of the testicle is just "gristle" which everyone has. Normally i would accept this, however the pain has not subsided and if anything it has got worse. I noticed this morning and even as I type this the pain is a lot stronger. I also get lower back pain on my left side. What are my options from here? Do I ask for a different doctor, referral to a urologist? I'm at a loss and afraid that medical professionals will dismiss me all because one ultrasound tells them there is nothing wrong with me.

• Hi,

For what it’s worth, if you are concerned something  is wrong, I think you should push for a urologist referral. If you can afford a private consultation also consider going direct yourself. 

It sounds like you are ok and nothing is wrong but for your peace of mind and the very tiny possibility of a mistake having been made, get a second opinion. What’s the worst that can happen! 

Hopefully it will give you the reassurance you need. 

• Hi,

Ultrasounds are pretty conclusive, a tumour in the testicle is very obvious and very unlikely to be missed on the ultrasound.

For your peace of mind though you can ask for a second opinion.

thanks

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello and sorry to hear that you are going through a rough patch with health and hopefully it gets sorted. What can be said with confidence is that you do not have anything showing in an ultrasound so whatever is causing you discomfort the good news is it is not this. Now you might wonder how they can be so sure well any areas of concern even very small areas and I mean sub one millimetre show up clearly on scan so definitely anything causing symptoms would be almost impossible to miss even by someone not trained. I looked at the screen during mine and trust me you could tell. I would get along to your surgery talk through concerns see if there is anything else might be causing these symptoms. Try not checking your balls for at least a month they are sensitive and to much squeezing will cause pain.

Kind regards

Dougie