Lump found, how my state of mind is. Need help

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi all. Never thought id be posting on here i must be honest. Anyway last week i gound a lump around my left testical by accident really. Andway the next day went to drs and now have to go for a scan. I really wanna discuss my state of mind and if its normal to feel how i am. I am petrified, all i seem to do is think bad things thats gunna happen to me now, i get upset throughout the day. I think constantly how my little daughters are going to react to this. Ive planned my funeral in my head. Just constantly thinking the worse and cant speak to anyone about it because i know ill break down. I dont think once ive even thought about the fact it could be nothing serious. Im very down. I watched my dad die of cancer and i cant have my babies going through that at such a young age. Please help and advise if possible.

• Hi Natman,

I am the wife of someone who has TC so can’t completely relate as it isn’t me who has gone through it. However, what I can say is that you have taken all the right steps to get this looked at it.Most lumps turn out to be nothing serious but even if this is one of the rare cases of TC, it is a highly treatable and curable cancer even at a late stage. 

Try and just do today as much as you possible can. Here for support/ qs. Ps Try not to google too much. This is a good website for information and all you need to know 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Best wishes for your scan. Hopefully all will turn out to be ok.

As Spirited said, there is a lot of information on this website.

Best wishes 

• Hi natman,

Sorry you find yourself here, but welcome.

Let’s slow down, you have found a lump, you’ve done everything you can do so far which is go to the doctors straight away.

The chances are it is something that is not cancer. I’m afraid even if it is cancer you don’t get to plan your funeral yet, as 95%+ of us are alive 5 years later.  If caught at stage 1 then it’s 98%+.  So those songs you’ve picked for the funeral are very very unlikely to get played any time soon!

no doubt, anytime anyone shows symptoms that could be cancer can be a worrying time, but let’s not jump too far ahead.  After all, we all get on aeroplanes even though we know sometimes they crash, because most of the time it’s all absolutely fine.

its easy to say, but don’t worry about things that haven’t happened yet, life is too short for that.

fingrrs crossed for you, but even if it is bad news you’re more likely to be visiting church for your wedding than your funeral!

Take care 

dan

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Odbball

Thanks for the kind words dan. Really appreciate you taling time out to speak to me. I really needed it. I wont be getting married again, twice is more than enough lol.

Ive just had a date for my scan and its like 5 weeks away?!?!?! Im miffed about this. They say catch these things early and i have to wait that long with all thats going through my head! Im at a loss

• Natman,

One of the toughest parts of this is the mental strain, and waiting adds to it.

its true catching anything early helps, but rest assured 5 weeks will have negligible impact on expected outcome.  TC is relatively slow at spreading.  

Just got to nail that mental bit. 

Take care

dan