One Year On.

• 6 replies
  • 111 subscribers

Hi folks,

It is 1 year today since I was diagnosed with Advanced Prostate Cancer. It is I suppose, a bitter sweet feeling for me as my current treatment is keeping the cancer at bay and stopped its progression for now. The effect on my health from this diagnosis and associated distress on my family is profound, as I'm sure everyone on this site is all too aware. I know it might not be considered much of a milestone by people who are not touched by this horrendous disease but it ticks a box on my bucket list. I don't really post that much on any of the forums but I do read the comments and advice which are freely given by numerous & regular members with interest. I have learned so much in the last year and would like thank all you guys for your contributions. Looking forward to ticking my next box.

Onwards and upwards as they say!!

Take care & stay safe. Tom 

• Hi Tom. Congratulations on your first anniversary a great milestone to reach. May there be many more to come.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Hi

Any mile stone is a plus to us all, one year is followed by two, then three and so on, you do what you can to keep it at bay. The family should give you a pat on the back and a treat.

Keep ticking those years off.

Take care and stay safe.

joe

• I think all of us count all the little milestones.  whether it is another PSA test with undetectable PSA after treatment or another year post treatment so CONGRATULATIONS.  Hope you pass many more milestones.

• There ought to be a way of raising the proverbial glass to each such achievement ...

I'll drink to that!  

Cheers!

- - -

Heinous

If I can't beat this, I'm going for the draw.

Meanwhile, my priority is to live while I have the option.

• ... and now it's my turn! Two years tomorrow since my last session of RT. I'm still getting Prostap injections but only two more to go (one in 10 days time and the last one in June - as it happens the very last one will be on our 52nd wedding anniversary so there may be a wee glass of Prosecco that day). My PSA is still undetectable, so I've just got the fun of withdrawal from the Prostap to deal with. With any luck that should be all over by Christmas, but it may be longer.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Seamus47, joeven, freefaller & Heinous,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciated and gives me encouragement for the future.

Seamus47, hope your Procecco will be nice and chilled on your 52nd anniversary.

Thanks again,  Tom