Just started my Journey

• 4 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Hi Everyone,

So glad for this Community.

Hope this all makes sense, just needed to talk.

I'm a 61 year old who since 1st September is now living with the knowledge that I advanced prostate cancer.

My journey so far -

Problems started in September 2019 ( passing / not passing urine )

PSA result in November  4.2 Tablets from GP

Things got worse over the course of this year.

In June after a lot of pain I was taken into hospital with retention PSA 12

I had a TURP operation in August PSA 17 and the biopsy confirmed my cancer.

It has spread into my lymph nodes deep in the pelvis (after CT and Bones scans) 

I have a Gleason score of 4+5=9 and am told it is T3b N1 MO

Hormones tablets started as soon as I was told and I have now had my first injection. 

I was to have Radiotherapy around December and that has now been changed to Chemotherapy  at the Christie Hospital

in January.

Any advice is welcome, thank you if you have read this.

"Still Staying Strong" 

• Hi Spuduknow,

I  had a similar diagnosis to yourself 4 years ago, had HT, Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy. I’m doing and feeling fine. Feel free to view my profile, lots of information on my journey. 

Best regards 

Don't let your good days be spoilt by the worry of a bad day, that may or may not come along.

• for chemo, ensure you have decent thermometer, I found yogurt, and other easy food good. Take it easy. Follow the advise, also enjoyed small pots of jelly, a soft toothbrush, baby shower gel, corsodyl daily mouthwash.  Foods change with tastes see what you enjoy, it will change.

• Thank you for your kind words.

I did indeed read your profile and it is of great help to me and my family.

Take care and no doubt we will chat again over the coming Months.

I am ok at the moment and seem to have my head around my situation, I just get days were I get a sudden overwhelming tiredness out of the blue.

Thanks again.

Spud 

• Thank you for your advice, I have taken it on board.

Any help is always welcome.

Thank you 

Spud