Prostate cancer chemo and blood thinners

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 107 subscribers

Is anyone on clexone forte, self inject anti coagulant daily injections whilst undergoing chemo for prostate cancer, I have AF and was stopped on dabigatran and replaced with this injection, not too happy with this

• I didn't have chemo but I was offered this injection after going into AF 6 months post radiotherapy for prostate cancer because I had other stomach problems and medication was chaos trying to work out what could be taken with what etc.  I decided against them because we were also moving house and lots of other things going on and staying on the the apixaban (Eliquis) tablets seemed easier to me.  imagine these were offered to me because I was having stomach problems and they thought the injection would get into the blood stream but tablets may not when I was being sick and not able to eat.  However, the apixaban (Eliquis) anticoagulant worked fine for me all through this. Ask why you have been put on the injections and what benefits they have for you at this time.

HOpe someone else comes along who has had this while on chemo and can offer more advice.  Just remember it is important to be anticoagulated to help alleviate stroke risk so don't go without anticoagulation.