Nerve damage from chemotherapy

• 3 replies
  • 109 subscribers

Hi 

What has been your experience of  peripheral nerve damage from chemo (hands, feet etc)?

How severe was it and what did it limit you doing?  I am receiving docetaxel but at early stages.

• Just finished 6 cycles. Toes are numb, fingers occasionally numb. Hasn't stopped me doing anything. If bad then let consultant know they might reduce next dosage.

• Thanks very much. It really helps to hear about other patients’ experience. 

Pat

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I just started June 16 2020 and have 5 more infusions every 3 weeks. I got thru the first infusion and really just noticed nauseous and dizziness and tired. I have been in Lupron-2012, casodex, enzalutamide, Xgeva and originally radiation in 2010. PSA was 2.8 with a Gleason 3/4= 7. Long road and still waiting for cure. I still have albiterone left after chemo. 

Take life day by day and be grateful for the little things.  Don’t get caught up in what you can’t control.  Accept it and make the best of it.  When you stop worrying about what you can’t control, you have more time to change the things you can control.  And that changes everything in the long run.