Prostate cancer with secondaries in bone

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 108 subscribers

Hi all new to group I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2009 and just recently was told it had turned up in my bones to be precise the humorous bone in my right arm so looking for any advice and info on secondary cancer 

• Hi Jimb5656, sorry to read about the prostate cancer spreading to bones. 

I see you had radiotherapy and hormone therapy in 2011.

Have you had any treatment since?

You don’t say what stage your cancer was at in 2009.

This link provides more information on advanced prostate cancer.

https://prostatecanceruk.org/prostate-information/just-diagnosed/advanced-prostate-cancer

Hopefully others with experience of bone metastasis will come along and share information with you.

Ido4

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My PCa got into my bones 2 years ago 7-2018 so 8 years after initial diagnosis  I started enzalutamide and continued Lupron until PSA went up to 14  Oncologist started taxotere due to PSA rise and wanted to have a liter one and prednisone for later on   

I just started June 16 2020 and have 5 more infusions every 3 weeks. I got thru the first infusion and really just noticed nauseous and dizziness and tired. I have been in Lupron-2012, casodex, enzalutamide, Xgeva and originally radiation in 2010. PSA was 2.8 with a Gleason 3/4= 7. Long road and still waiting for cure. I still have albiterone left after chemo.

Take life day by day and be grateful for the little things.  Don’t get caught up in what you can’t control.  Accept it and make the best of it.  When you stop worrying about what you can’t control, you have more time to change the things you can control.  And that changes everything in the long run