Constipation and gas.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hello all I am new to the group. My brother has been diagnosed with stage 3 PC and his tumor size is 8 cm so surgery is not a option unfortunately about a week ago. I am beyond scared and feeling lost. His treatment will start next week. I have some concerns and reaching out to anyone that has a possible solution or something that could help with constipation and gas? It is great to know that forums such as this exist and I am sending well wishes to all affect by this horrible disease. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hello - sorry you and your brother are going through this.  My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer last summer and is on chemo.  You'll need to speak to his doctors for laxatives (and maybe suppositories depends how blocked up he is) for the constipation - my husband has ended up in hospital in the pain of constipation - don't under estimate it!  Get used to talking about poo and bowel movements!  I am sure you'll be seen by your consultant really soon - they'll be best placed to answer all the questions you have.  Re gas, I now realise it isn't a problem my husband has .... I wonder when that stopped?!  I think he should get tablets called 'creon' which are enzymes that the pancreas no longer makes, that helps digestion which in turn should help everything else.  good luck on your journey this through.  hugs 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you so much Cma1 for your reply, being new to this I'm sure I will need a lot of help. It truly helps speaking with people that are going through the same illness. I will take everything you told me into account and use it to the best of my ability, I will also say a prayer for you and your husband. Have a great day and stay safe.