Swelling 8 weeks after SLNB

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hey Guys, 

I had a WLE & Axillary SLNB 8 weeks ago. I had the usual post op swelling at the site. For the last 4 weeks I've had swelling in my breast, collar bone, neck and fingers. The swelling isn't really bad, it's barely visible but it is tight and you can feel the lumps if you touch the areas. It gets worse when I do physical activity. If I do too much my whole arm swells. I was told I could experience swelling in my arm and to raise it but has anyone else had swelling in their neck and collar bone? Is this normal?

Kirstie 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that you're suffering from swelling in lots of areas since you had your WLE and SLNB. I had both of these as well but didn't experience any swelling other than for a short time after the operations.

It would probably be a good idea to speak to your SCNS to get her opinion on this. She can then arrange for you to see your consultant if she feels it's necessary, or advise you what to do to help with the swelling.

Let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

I'm hoping that now, two weeks on, your swelling has gone down. If not, did you speak to your SCNS about it?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"