Small lump in neck

• 5 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hi All

I was diagnosed with a naevoid melanoma in Nov 2019 which was removed and all clear in my nodes.

Unfortunately I have found a small pea size lump in my neck which is not deep enough to be a lymph node. It’s being removed next week but now I’m really worried as I understand naevoid is rare and often presents as a benign lesion. They think it maybe benign but can’t be 100% unless it’s removed.

Made the mistake of reading too much.

D

• Hi

I'm sorry to hear that you've got to go through the worry of an excision and subsequent wait for results Disappointed

It's natural to be worried about this new discovery. I've been where you are several times since I was diagnosed with melanoma in November 2016 but, thankfully, they were all benign. 

While you're waiting, try to avoid looking for information on the internet. Unless it's on this site of course. We all do it but inevitably stumble across the worse-case scenarios rather than the information we're hoping to find which will tell us that everything will be okay.

Let us know what happens next week and, in the meantime, come back here whenever you feel like it.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Latchbrook,

Thank you for your reassuring reply.

I had a sleepless night but now feeling easier about it as no amount of worrying will change things apart from getting myself in a state! I’m not going to continue reading stuff as it’s not doing me any good whatsoever. 

They do think it’s benign but obviously won’t know that for sure unless it’s removed and tested. 

Surgery next week and results the week after.  I’ll let you know how it goes. 

• Hi

Just checking back to see how your surgery went and whether you've had your results back yet.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Latchbrook

Thank you for asking. I’ve had my surgery and got my results yesterday. The lump was luckily nothing serious! 

D x

• That's brilliant news !

Hope you've had a little celebration

Champagne glass

Community Champion Badge