Shielding

• 2 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hi I’ve started my 1st immunotherapy treatment With a drug called Pembrolizumab on the 21st of May, no adverse side effect just feeling tired now and again. I haven’t really been told to shield. I looked on the government websites and I’m classed as vulnerable, I haven’t had a letter or text to say stay in. The lock down rules are being relaxed a bit more, I have my niece and her 2 children under 3 coming down tomorrow just wondering should I see them or not? Not sure what to do for the best?

• Hi Blaine

Glad that your Pembro is going OK.  I'm really not sure what to tell you re sheilding for those Pembro, but hopefully one of the other members who is on that will be along very soon and give you up to date advice.

The other suggestion would be to call your cancer nurses first thing tomorrow, or the MacMillan helpline?  Both should be able to give you the most current accurate advice.  Though if your niece and children are arriving early, perhaps a quick call to ask them to come later might be a good idea for you all?

Best

J

Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and find it!

• Thanks sailor2, I’ve listened to the coronavirus briefing this afternoon and they will be updating the shielding guide lines sometime today or tomorrow on government website so I’ll take a look at that First and also speak to my cancer nurse.