Symptoms after pembrolizumab

• 1 reply
  • 55 subscribers

Hi, I had 10 months (stopped early because of covid) of adjuvant pembrolizumab for low risk stage 3 melanoma. I have been having some weird symptoms which started shortly after I stopped. Things like tingling in hands, muscle pains, swollen ankles, loss of appetite and very strange for me, a complete aversion to meat and fish! 

Has anyone had anything similar?

Chocks 1971

• Hi , you must be feeling a bit confused with all those symptoms. I have been off Pembro since Feb so missed the April and May dose, I haven’t had anything similar just the lifting of the feeling of fatigue. I don’t know what to say, I think I’d be tempted to ring my hospital team to just chat to them, or if you weren’t sure on doing that try the Macmillan support line to sound them out about what’s happening, delayed side effects? anxiety reaction ? Withdrawal symptoms? (Not heard anyone mention that one before), are these the sort of things running through your head. It does say side effects can happen up to months afterwards, and there will be a residual dose in your body months after.

I’m sorry I can’t help but would be intrigued to hear what happens next. 

Take care KT