Melanoma removal

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 57 subscribers

I’m due to have a melanoma removed tomorrow, which I’m not worried about as I’ve had a few removed and wider excisions done before. What does worry me is my husband is a key worker, so should I take any more precautions than I would normally please? 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I don't know if you should be taking any more precautions that you would do normally when having a WLE and I don't think anyone here has had one in the last couple of weeks, while we've been dealing with corona virus, that I can tag into the conversation. 

You could take a look at this information from Macmillan on coronavirus and cancer and also the government's website and I'm sure the hospital will tell you tomorrow if you need to take more care than normal.

When you have a minute it would be useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi there, it's interesting you said that WLE are not happening . I was due both WLE and  SLNB they cancelled the second and I'm having a pre op over the phone tomorrow.im meant to have the op on 7 th April ?? I will be surprised . I was told SLNB were cancelled nation wide does anyone know is the same happening for WLE? . 

Many thanks

Xc

• Hi

Neither I nor mrscomber have said that WLEs are not happening. mrscomber was asking whether she needed to take extra precautions because of coronavirus when having a WLE.

All the best with your pre-op tomorrow.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember

I’ll have a look and tell you about me and my journey. Thanks for the info , I will ask tomorrow of course as well and let you know , thanks for replying xx

• Hi

I'm just checking in with you to see how your wide local excision went. Have you had the results back yet?

Fingers crossed that it was/will be clear Fingers crossed

x

Community Champion Badge

• Hi

How are you doing?

Last time we spoke you were having a pre-op over the telephone on 30th March with a WLE planned for 7th April. Did you WLE go ahead and have you had the results yet?

x

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    1. Hi, my apologies for not replying earlier, I’ve been in hospital ( I’ll explain in a min) I had the wider excision done and got the results last week which were all clear, no further treatment needed, such a relief, and I was feeling great . Thankyou for remembering and messaging , that’s so kind of you . I have just come out of hospital as I had what I thought was bad period pains , next thing I know I woke up in hospital.Apparently I collapsed and my husband couldn’t wake me so called an ambulance, I was blue lighted to hospital, and straight into theatre, my appendix had burst so I’m slowly recovering from that. I’m just glad I don’t remember any of it. How are you getting on ? I do hope you are well. Thanks again for your kindness xxx
  • Wow, you know how to make an entrance to hospital Scream 

Joking aside though, that's great that your WLE was clear and you don't need any further treatment. 

Now take it easy to give your body chance to repair itself after your latest op and let your husband wait on you hand and foot. I hope he's recovered from the shock of finding you collapsed!

xx

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember

I don’t do things by halves do I!Joy Ahh hubby has been great to be honest, so can’t complain. How are you getting on now xxx

• I'm fine thank you Slight smile

I have my next 3 monthly check-up next week but it won't be face-to-face but over the telephone. Should be interesting! I'm guessing that they'll just ask me how I am and if I have anything that's concerning me, which I don't.

I'll post to the group what happens, so watch this space!

x

Community Champion Badge