Introduction

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hi everyone, just joined the online community today and specifically this group and look forward to reading the various posts surrounding the condition we have.

I've just been diagnosed so am now waiting for my appointment to have the WLE & Lymph Node Biopsy procedures.

A lot to take in initially and of course all the worst thoughts start going through your head, but I'm optimistic at this stage, (as one has to be!).

Looking forward to engaging with other members

• Hello , welcome to the group, glad to hear you are being compulsory optimistic Grinning.

Take care KT

• Hi and a second welcome to the online community

I was diagnosed with melanoma just over 3 years ago and had a WLE and SLNB. If you want to ask anything about the procedures I'd be more than happy to help.

We wouldn't be human if we didn't worry about the worse case scenario but for most people this doesn't happen. 

Let us know when you have the dates for your ops.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thanks and appreciate the response, yes will let you know, not sure how long they take to book something and let you know.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to KTatHome

Thank you and yes have to stay optimistic otherwise I would drive myself absolutely mad!

• Hi  

I’m also a fellow newbie and just had my WLE over a week ago.

I waited a while for mine but that was due to a dehisced and infected wound after my mole was removed !

Have to WLE has went smoothly .

Loads of great stuff on here and people been fab with the daft questions I’ve had .

Hope all goes well for you.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Reid06

Thanks much appreciated and yes I'm reading positive things about the procedures

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

I am similar, newly diagnosed and saw consultant on Weds to discuss WLE and SLNB, he said they have a 30 day timeframe to do it, that may just be my area or trust and then up to 4wks for results, so I am just waiting for my date as well and like everyone e having days of feeling positive and days where every ache and random pain is the worst case scenario. Waiting and the unknown is scary and trying to stay calm is exhausting, I think you just have to find what works for you, I meditate and do mindfulness which can help. Best wishes to you

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks , yes I have been given similar timeframes so not sure if it is the same from wherever you live, I'm in Sussex.

Yes we can only try and stay positive....

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

It sounds like you're doing the right things with the meditation and mindfulness. 

I have been through WLE and SLNB and my advice is to plan ahead. If you are working, warn your employer that you will be signed of work for a while after the surgery and if that isn't enough time take some more. I asked the surgeon's advice about recovery - he said two weeks and I could really have taken off more after that but didn't realise what stress I was putting myself under.

I found waiting for the surgery and results very stressful. Be kind to yourself - that's what I've been told by professionals and friends  - and it sounds like you're already doing that. 

Good luck with everything.