The waiting game

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 33 subscribers

Hi everyone 

Oh this is not somewhere I expected to be.  I am a friend ... we are more like sisters ( long story ) she was diagnosed with cancer ... a type of lymphoma I believe around 6 months ago.  Last monday some results of tests showed a swelling ik the brain and some markers.  She was admitted immediately..... no treatment as yet but I believe (from the family) that steroid treatment starts today or tomorrow.  She has lost all sense of reality and I havent been able to speak or text with her since yesterday, although I just hoped she understood it was me I'm not too sure.  It feels very very quick .... and I imagine a bit like dementia.  I dont know where to get information.  I keep googling but I guess every case is different.  I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this and if steroids might help in a return to normality for her .... sorry it's so long and sorry that anyone has to go through cancer .... xxx

• Hi , sorry to hear about your dear friend. I am Mike  and I am dropping in past from our Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma groups as your post was highlighted to me.

Lymphoma of the Central Nervous System (CNS) is indeed a way that Lymphoma will present, it is rather different from a solid brain tumour and will most likely be treated rather differently as this is a blood cancer.

You may want to join some of our Lymphoma groups. There are over 60 types and subtypes of Lymphoma but these are our main support groups.

If you don’t know the type of NHL do join the General NHL group then put up a post and connect with the folks as we have a few members (patients and family) who have had experience in this type of Lymphoma presentation.

General Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma

Follicular Lymphoma

Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma

Mantel Cell Lymphoma

T-Cell Lymphoma

I will keep an eye open for you ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge