Itching

• 4 replies
  • 38 subscribers

It's now 5 weeks since I finished radiotherapy and the skin is healing wonderfully, only problem I'm having is itching! It's driving me nuts this last few days and I'm finding Flamigel isn't working! Has this happened to anyone else?

Moira.       Three

• Yes, ants in the pants drove me bonkers. Still get it a bit and I find antihistamine works a treat. I get the cetrizine as they don't cause drowsiness and I've definitely had enough of constantly feeling and looking 'half soaked'. Isn't it great getting our skin back on our bits and bobs? I'm glad that you are now feeling a lot better, I am too. I'm going to see my mam tomorrow just for a couple of hours. Lift off the hubby there and back plus double the anti diarrhoea pills and I'm really excited about getting out of the house again. I need to get a bit of muscle back I'm turning into a scrawny chicken xxx Marie 

• Hi Marie,

I never thought of anti histamine, I'll get some tomorrow! Yes, it's wonderful to be able to nearly sit normally again and it's great to hear you're so much better too! You've cheered me up SO many times! My diarrhoea has stopped, now I've gone the other way and with having a stoma, I don't know which way is worse,! I'm starting to put weight on again, I was always overweight but it was a bit of a drastic way to loose it!

Have a wonderful time with your mam, I still miss mine after almost 30 years! I bet you look gorgeous, not a bit like a scrawny chicken!

Love Moira xxx 

• Hi Moira (),

Yes as  has said antihistamines are definitely the way forward for the ants in your pants feeling!! It’s also great to hear you’re making positive progress. 

Moira (), have a wonderful time visiting your mum, enjoy your outing, you’ll be back in the swing of things before you know it. 

Nicola 

• Thanks Nicola, I'll be first in the chemists queue tomorrow!

Moira x