Starting treatment in 3 weeks

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so thought I'd introduce myself.  I was diagnosed in July with T2/3 as its just growing into the muscle, but no further spread which I was so relieved about. I'm already familiar with anal cancer treatment as unfortunately I lost my younger sister to anal cancer 3 years ago. I have her to thank as I knew the symptoms to look out for. Sadly she'd been suffering for a long time and was too embarrassed to get checked so by the time she eventually told me she thought she had bowel cancer it was too late to save her. I'm due to start radiotherapy and chemo in 3 weeks time and I'm hoping that covid restrictions don't interfere with this.

I'm a very positive lady and I think this helps, however I don't have a partner so I thought it'd be lovely to chat with others going through similar experience. If I can be of any help to anyone I'm more than happy. 

Is there anyone else on here waiting to start treatment? 

• Hi, welcome to the group! There are a few people who have either just started treatment or are waiting to start so hopefully they will respond soon. I finished treatment in August 2019 was a Stage 2. Had 5.5 weeks of chemo and radiotherapy and my annual scan last month was clear. The treatment is quite short and it will be over before you know it. If you have any questions about the treatment or anything else please ask. x

• Hi @Oscar22,

Welcome to the online community although I’m sorry you find yourself here. Apologies for the delayed reply my notifications don’t seem to be coming through as they should at the moment, there’s been a few glitches since the site has been updated!  

I’m very sorry to hear about the loss of your sister & then for you to receive the exact same diagnosis it must have been very difficult.  It’s good that you’ve been picked up reasonably early though & great that you have no spread. 

There’s been a couple of people on the site recently awaiting the start of treatment so hopefully they’ll see your post & respond soon. When I went through treatment in May 2018 I connected with a lady on here who began treatment the same day as me & we supported each other throughout & are still in contact today. 

Please just shout if there’s anything we can help with, we have a wealth of useful information, hints & tips between us all & can always offer a listening ear. 

Good luck with the start of your treatment, hopefully there’ll be no delay. 

Nicola

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Nikki65

Thank you! I've replied to a lady who will be starting treatment the day after me so hopefully we can keep in touch and help each other. 

• Hi again , 

Thats great that you’ve made contact with someone that’ll be going through treatment at the same time as yourself. Hopefully she’ll be happy for you to support each other through, I definitely found this a huge help as treatment can feel a very lonely place at times. Once again sending much luck your way for the start of your treatment. You’ve got this Muscle tone2

Nicola

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello,

I have just found this site. After my planning CT scan yesterday, I was told I would start treatment on 19 October. It's really cheering to find others at almost exactly the same stage!

• Hi ,

Welcome to the online community although I’m sorry you’ve had the need to find us. It’s good when you find someone at a similar stage to yourself on this bumpy road. All the very best of luck for the start of you treatment.

Nicola