3 month PET scan

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Wow. Yesterday I had my 3 month post treatment PET scan. This morning my radiation oncologist phoned and told me that the scan came back clear! No cancer anywhere!!!! It's gone!!! In the midst of all this COVID-19 scary news, I know this is just personal good news, but I just had to tell y'all. I also found out that more than just the tumor had been targeted by radiation, the lower part of my intestinal tract had been too. It accounts for all the digestive and intestinal challenges I've experienced over the past 3 months. It is taking longer for healing for me because of it, but at least now I know why. And now that it has been 3 months [last day of treatment was the day after Christmas] I can honestly say I am getting better and feeling better. Anal cancer is a rare and awful type of cancer to get and the treatment for it is brutal. It was brutal for me. Recovery for me is long and having patience is hard. However today I am full of thankfulness and joy.

My husband and I are 'hunkered' down at home [we're both over 60, although he still works, he works from home] trying to stay safe from COVID-19. I'm grateful that our imaging place is not located in the hospital and our cancer center is a separate entity located several miles from our hospital. I have a power port in my chest but am not going to have it removed until it is safe to have elective types of surgeries again. Stay safe everyone.