Long-term travel insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

I would like to find out about travel insurance that covers long stays abroad - up to a couple  of months. 

I am planning a long stay in the US early in 2020, and I'd also like to have some cover for possible trips to western Europe. 

I paid £236 to Saga for three nights' cover in Barcelona last month, my first experience of the effects of cancer on insurance premiums... the air fare was £59 return. Any advice would be welcome.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

That sounds like some great trips you've got planned but, as you've found, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have a cancer diagnosis. 

I don't know whether you've looked through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. Clicking on the link I've created will take you directly to it if you haven't seen it. 

Most people recommend that you phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes as sometimes they can refer to the underwriters to see if they would cover you when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal.

I do hope that you can get the travel insurance that you want and that you have a wonderful time. Do come back and let us know how you get on.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"