Family member who is not travelling has terminal cancer, any advice on cancellation insurance?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

Hi. This is my first time on here. My Mum has terminal liver cancer and has limited time with us. I am looking for advise on travel insurance for my husband and I to go on a trip booked already. I have looked around and so far been told we can not have cancellation cover as there is an existing medical condition. We are worried Mum's condition may deteriorate or she may pass away. Please could anyone recommend a company who do offer cover in this situation. Thank you. 

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your mum has liver cancer and it's understandable that you want to get travel insurance than will enable you to cancel your holiday if necessary.

This thread from a month ago would connect you with a couple of people who are looking for the same type of insurance as you. I don't think that they have been successful yet but you could respond to their posts and ask.

Have you had a chance to look through the Members Stories thread yet as that's where you'll find the majority of recommendations for travel insurance. Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there if you haven't looked yet. 

Please come back and let us know how you get on as this is a recurring question but so far no one has actually come back to tell us whether they have been successful or not.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"