Annual insurance

• 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

Started with quiet from Saga - single trip over £800; called Boots and was near the end when the operator said an underwriter would need to call me which could take up to 3 days!

Tried a comparison site and single trip was over £1,400 so I was getting downhearted. But a message popped up "this seems expensive but we work with companies...." and named World First and another. 

World First would give annual insurance (hurray!) for about £313 for worldwide excluding US for trips up to 31 days. Sounds great and so  pleased. 

Anyone had experience with this company? It was and efficient?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have advanced prostate cancer but following palliative treatment (6 cycles of chemo followed by 3 monthly hormone injections) my quality of life is currently good and I have no symptoms at present.

I booked a 3 week trip to Canada which includes a one week 'learning vacation' in the Arctic.

I was declined by Saga but Boots quoted me £329 for single trip or £484 for annual worldwide multi trip (incl U.S.A. Canada and Mexico)  and so I have accepted the latter. It did involve a fairly detailed declaration of my cancer.