Travel insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Hi guys unfortunately I was unable to get holiday insurance for a holiday to Rhodes on 25th September 2019. I got diagnosed with bowel cancer on 4th July and had surgery to remove part of the bowel and the tumour on the 30th July. All the insurance companies I found on here said my cancer was too soon and wouldn't insure me even though I got the okay from my surgeon. I am currently waiting to find out if I need chemo and the unknown of this also contributed to not being able to get insurance. I just felt I needed to share my experience of not being able to get insurance and the reasons why.

Thanks Mark

• Hi Mark

I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get travel insurance for a planned trip next month. Hopefully, once your treatment has finished they will look on your request more favourably. 

Can I just check though that you did phone the companies rather than do it online as some people have previously reported that they were turned down online but when phoning were accepted.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi yes I made sure I called them as when I did the online quote I could only get so far. The number of questions they asked I wouldn't of been able to complete online. Unfortunately because of my diagnosis being in the last 2 months and the fact I haven't been confirmed as needing chemo for definite yet went against me. The only half quote which was subsequently refused was from a company called Beaver insurance which I was given by boots insurance. All the others from the threads like Mia and all clear couldn't help me.

Every day is a good day regardless. Za