Lymphoma diagnosis

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Hi I was diagnosed with extra nodal marginal zone Lymphoma 14 months ago.

I've had no treatment and have opted for watch and wait following my haematologist and oncologist advice.

My immune system seems to be in control for the moment but who knows for how long.

My last appointment with Haematologist was this week and my next appointment is in 6 months.

I do realise I'm very lucky and I feel well with no physical problems apart from a small tumour in right orbit which doesn't bother me.

But I do have cancer which in its self is every now and again abit scary.

Thanks 

• Hi and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us.

I am Mike  and I am dropping in past from our dedicated, very supportive Non-Hodgkin lymphoma group.

We have a number with Marginal Zone so this would be a good place to connect and also will open up your concerns to a wider audience who know exactly what you are going through at the moment.

I was diagnosed with a rare type of Skin NHL way back in 1999 and was basically on Watch and Wait or as we often call it Watch and Worry for a good 14 years before the heavy treatment guns had to be taken out - hit my forum name to see my and other members stories.

Just follow the link above, hitting ‘Join the Group’ tab just under the main group name, then go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab and set up your own Discussion and introduce yourself to the group.

When you feel up to it try putting some information in your profile. This really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. Just click on YOUR username, select 'Edit Profile'. Put as much or as little in your profile and you can amend it at any time - you can see members profiles by hitting our forum names.

I will keep an eye open for you.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge