Inverted nipple

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 59 subscribers

I have a inverted nipple and 2small lumps in my left breast,have been to doctors and now got a appointment for breast clinic in just over a week,am worried as there is a history of cancer on my dad's side of the family, am wondering what will happen at the clinic and will I get result,s the same day as I go.

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am so sorry to see the circumstance that brought you here and so sorry to hear you have been referred to the Breast Clinic

This is a hard time for you and all of the family but talking with people who are on the same journey will help a lot.

My cancer journey was rather different but if you follow this link to our Breast cancer forum you will be able to connect with people who understand the journey you are on. You can ask the folks questions about treatments, what to expect and how to help you during this time.

Once you find the group, join the group. To do this hit the ‘Join the Group’ tab just under the main group name. At this point it is good to go to the right on the group home page and select how you want to receive email notifications when someone answers your posts. If in the future you don’t want to receive notifications just switch off the email notifications tab.

You can look through all the discussions in the forum by hitting the ‘Discussions’ tab. The best way to get support is to go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab just under the main group name. Set up a Discussion and Introduce yourself to the group - you could just copy an paste what you have in this first post.

If you want to reply to a post go to the bottom of the post and hit the ‘Reply’ tab in the blue box.

You may find our various Macmillan Support Line Services on 0808 808 00 00 to be very helpful covering Emotional Support and Practical Information. Clinical Information and Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

We also have our ‘Ask an Expert’section where you can post questions to our mostly Volunteer Experts but please allow a few days to get a reply.

We also have our Online Information and Support Sectionwhere you will find some great pages covering the cancer diagnosis, treatment and information pages covering most types of cancers.

Talking to people face to face can help a lot so check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support Groups in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing.

It is worth putting some information in your profile. This really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself.

To do this click on YOUR username, look to the left and select 'Edit Profile'. Put as much or as little in your profile and you can amend it at any time - REMEMBER hit the big green SAVE before you leave the page. If you're not sure what to write you can take a look at any members profiles by clicking on their username.

All the best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge