Been a while

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 42 subscribers
  • Hi all Jim788 here  how time just seems to pass me by though  I have been busy Arranged my new car through  mobility Ford eco have arranged to have hoist installed for my mobility  scooter have scooter at home have to be careful with speed 4mph max 12 mile max distance no real Idea when wll get delivery of car I am not going  anywhere  for a long time anyway  have very good backup  with community  nurses Macmillan Hospice have been given emergency  injection/drugs which I keep at home  have now got 24hour nurse cover if needed hopefully  not for a long time No point in lying could be better have been prescribed  2 morphine  pills take one 8am then 8PM gives slow release  of morphine through  out the day use shortec and paracetamol if needed  in between  keeping  the pain to acceptable  level as said yesterday  is history today a gift tomorrow  a mystery
  • That all sounds good. A mobility scooter sounds fun 

good  you have community  back up.

I take slow release zomorph twice  a day and paracetamol as well 4 times a day I take oramorph for breakthrough pain.

I cannot drive any more my husband drives me or we went on the bus today. Out for lunch. 
    Xxx

Ruth 

• Sounds like things are looking up a bit Jim. Great that you are getting community support.

Enjoy the scooter and hope you get the car soon.

Patmart

• Hi Jim, Car and scooter sounds great. Can you use a Walker or wheelchair to get from car to shops? I use my Walker a lot as then I can sit and rest whenever I need but can't use wheelchair on my own, I need pushed! What colour of car did you choose? I have a navy blue Honda Jazz automatic & love it.

We are on our way to Scarborough. Stopped overnight at Premier Inn just over half way there and will arrive there tomorrow! Too long a journey to do all at once for me! Plus Lots of roadworks on A66 which slow things up.

Enjoy getting out and about, when you can! I hope it will be soon!      Ps it has just taken me 45 mins to Log in, so now I'm going to read for a bit!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!