CT and MRI results

• 18 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I finally had a discussion with my oncoloand got the scan reports sent to me I am still waiting for the images to view which they have promised to send me.

he wants me to stop the Atra says everything is progressing slowly.

lung mets are many the biggest 59 mm grown for 56mm.

liver mets small increase. Slow but definite progression in the head afflicting my eye and vision.

He has again offered chemotherapy which I have refused and now he has e mailed me offering me a short  palliative 5 doses of radiotherapy . I said I will think about it and stop the Atra today and want to see if the pins and needles come back in my face as soon as I stop it I am not really sure what to think now. I did ask him about prognosis said he does not know. It seems the decline will be gradual. He had told me 2 years in the past  whichwill be up in October. I asked about Kefalonia in September he thought covid is more likely to stop me than my health.

he said I could go on months or years not very helpful 

• my pain is fairly well controlled with the zomorph and oramorph.

my oncologist said he thinks it is reasonable to wait until after the summer and if my symptoms get worse I can have the RT earlier. 
    So that is how we have left it for now x.  

Ruth 

• That sounds positive altogether to me. I hope you are pleased with that plan. Lets get you out in the sun for a few months then off to Greece with you! Xx

• Have a lovely summer, i hope that you succeed in your plans.

Best wishes 

Sarah 

• Hi Stuart, 

sorry to but I’m on conversation but I was just wondering how you got travel insurance for your trip to Norway because all the companies I e phoned either won’t cover me or I’ve been quoted £4000 or over?

as soon as you mention terminal it’s a no go.

enjoy your trips 

hope everyone is feeling as good as possible 

Rose xx

• Hi Rose,

I insured with a company called OK To Travel Limited. I expect that they can be found on Google.

The premium is over £2k for a 14 night cruise, but as you said, most other companies just point blank refuse cover.

A few weeks ago, somebody on here (Norberry?) recommended another company that I didn't note down at the time, I'll see if I can find the post.

Good luck Rose

Stuart x 

• It was Remoh, he said100

'There’s a company called insurance with I got their info from this site. Www.insurancewith.com the annual travel insurance with them with my terminal diagnosis was cheaper than I paid the previous year without a terminal diagnosis.'

Stuart x 

• Hello Rose, I have used Insurancewith. Once they are convinced that you are not going to die in the fortnight on the ship the premium is amazingly good value. Not that much difference to a healthy person. Xx

• Hi,

thank you for that. I think once this covid thing is better , as long as I’m well enough I shall have a look at that

regards

Rose xx