SiT

• 42 replies
  • 55 subscribers

I have just received a PM from SiT. He is at the end now. This will be a shock to everyone who knows him because he never made the fuss he was entitled to.

He just said he is going to toddle off gracefully and would I let everyone know.

He is the funniest bloke I have ever not met, I cried real tears at all of his posts. I was grateful to be considered his friend and he has loads more on here, you all know who you are.

He told me nothing more, if he does, and allows me to, I will keep you all posted.

The Forum won't be the same and nor will I. He has elderly parents that he has been looking after, what terrible news for them.

• I don't know if SiT will be looking on here any more but I am going to keep posting kind words. I can't just let him go. I hope he gives TheBastard a good kick.

• Thanks for letting us know, Norbs.

Simon was my first and best friend on here. I'm shattered that he has taken such a sudden turn for the worst.

Simon was always so supportive of me, in public and in private. I took a lot of strength from his support when I was about to start atezolizumab, and was very scared because of a previous bad reaction.

I really hope that Simon is comfortable and peaceful. Sending all my love and thanks out there for him.

Stuart x 

• The support he gave people on here was second to none. So much good advice and common sense mixed with a huge amount of fun. He said it was fun on here, and it was, because of Simon.

• I never knew Simon as well as a lot of you, but we did share the occasional bit of banter I wish him well on his final lap of his journey, one that all of us on this site will undertake sometime. The craic between Simon and Norberry in particular always brightened my day

John 

Per Ardua Ad Astra
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks for letting us know   must value your friendship a great deal to turn to you at this time. It’s difficult to read  this & must be heartbreaking for you to share. Simon gave excellent advice mixed in with warmth and humour. Sometimes his comments took my breath away because of the way he hit the nail on the head. I hope he’ll feel safe and comfortable at this time. I can’t imagine his parents grief because in spite of everything that we know it still comes as a big shock. Sending love and hugs to each and every one of us xx

• That is a shock. So sorry to hear this Norberry. I know only too well what it is like when you make such a close connection with someone on here, to lose them far too quickly. 

Simon if you are reading this, I wish you a safe onwards journey.  Who is going to give me the horse racing tips now? 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • I haven’t been on here long and don’t know any of you well but just wanted to say I hope you’re peaceful and comfortable.  Love, light and strength to you xx

• I was aware of an absence of posts by Simon, and was wondering. So sad, and he has been both a stoic and a source of fun and good advice. Thanks for letting us know and hopefully keeping us as updated as you can. He didnt let the Bastard grind him down, and it seems he is determined that nothing will including the end. I know it will hit you hard , but hope you can take comfort in knowing he enjoyed your banter as much as you enjoyed his.

xx

• Oh no, Simon was such a big part of us here...he made me smile many times..i hope he can go painless and with a smile on his face. We will miss you Simon..so sad.

• I’m sorry to hear this. Simon, was one of the first posts I read on here, and  he was very kind and informative. We can only pray for him and wish him good luck.

thanks Norberry, for keeping us updated

Love to everyone going through this 

Rose xx