Frequent Urination

• 4 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi everyone,

Please feel free to read my profile.

I am due to have my final Chemotherapy next week and need to ask my team what is happening regards the following.

Frequent Urination-

I mention this each time I go but just keep getting told it's probably the Chemo.

I really need to be more forceful with them next week being my last cycle and will then move onto Radiotherapy

I had a TURP operaion in Aug 2019 

The flow is good and no signs of infection like colour change or smell.

However I am constantly going to the loo to wee several times each night, sometimes 10+

I just wanted to know if anyone has had this problem and did it subside after Chemotherapy ?

I am also on Prostap for two years.

I have locally advanced prostate cancer

Treatable but not curable

T3b N1 M0 

This problem is very tiring and is adding to the fatgue I already have.

Hope that this makes sense.

Regards to all 

Spud 

"you don't know how Strong you are, 

until being Strong is your only choice"

Bob Marley

• Hi Spud, I had the same problem which was caused by a stricture on my urethra. I had an op late last year to open up the urethra and I have been ok during the night since then. My stricture was caused by the TURP and seed targeted radiotherapy, I was told it is quite a common side effect. I do have seepage and wear Tena for men pads. If it cannot be resolved you can self catheterise to empty your bladder at night. I have avoided this so far! Please pass my experience on to your consultant for their view. Good luck.

• Norberry

Thank you for your advice.

I will let you know how I go on.

I also use Tena for men, life saver at times.

I've taken everything on board.

Thanks again 

Spud 

"You don't know how Strong you are,

Bob Marley

• During my previous chemo cycle I had an issue with frequent urination, the oncologist said it's probably the chemo. I also spoke to my GP who suggested a check for diabetes, this came back negative and the issue settled on its own, but if yours isn't settling it may be worth asking to be checked for diabetes. 

Sarah 

• Salis 

Thanks Sal.

I need to get it sorted.

I am type 2 diabetic controlled with Metphomin.

You've just made me think that maybe I should ask about the dosage !!

Thanks once again

Spud 

"You never know how Strong you are,

Bob Marley