Hi everyone

• 12 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Have a great happy Easter to everybody loads of hugs and love xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Happy Easter Popgate

Stuart x 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks  I’m never sure what day to celebrate so will go for the 4 day w.e. Happy Easter everyone Blush xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Poppers & Jyp - Have a lovely Easter weekend!

• Happy Easter everyone

Xxxxx

Sarah 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hahaha - when in doubt... do EVERYTHING!!!

Tinalay - you are a party ANIMAL!!!

• You bet and nextie doing the din dins and me doing the pots hey what could go wrong!!!!! did the pots as usual last week and dropped the biggest pan on his toe hahaha you know how clumsy I am we couldn't stop laughing you have a brill time as well!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Flippen
  • Oh @Flippen you brought a smile to my face as usual. The thought of dropping the heaviest pan on his toe doesn't surprise me one bit, what a cringer to do. 

I'm absolutely looking forward to roasting a lovely 2kg chicken with accompaniments for the dinner tonight. Only the three of us today cos of the virus but that's fine and cosy. Usually my daughter and family would be here or we'd have travelled to Peterborough and I'd be asked to cook anyway. I'd normally be cooking a 10 to 12lb turkey which everyone would be looking forward to and I'll miss that. Wouldn't normally be Easter without that.

Just wondering and curious now, there must be vegans/vegetarians in the group so what would an Easter meal look like in your houses. As I grow a lot of vegetables I try to have 2 veg with every main meal whether I've grown them or not and it wouldn't take much for me to sway to vegetarianism. One of my sons is vegetarian and a couple of times I have tried plant based beef or chicken substitute. I have been amazed at how tasty and close it is to meat.

Have a great day everyone and get ready for winter tomorrow!

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • So pleased I have put a smile on your face me and nextie are both similar in being clumsy any way so anything could happen at any time when I am there after the pain we just end up laughing xxxxx

Flippen
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Morning  that’s a lovely Easter tradition  I hope you enjoyed your meal. 
    How is your daughter? You must miss your family and especially your gorgeous grandson so much. My sister face times her grandchildren and joins in their games & stories & it really helps. When is your daughter due? I have everything crossed restrictions will be lifted enough for you all to get together.

Our sons are vegan. Our younger son became vegetarian at uni because of the communal fridge!! He said he’d seen things he’d never be able to forget in there. He also found it easier & cheaper. Our oldest son did a vegan January challenge, lost a bit of body fat & found his energy levels increased. This was a few years ago when there was a lot of publicity around it and some high profile sports people were switching to vegan diets.

I struggled to get it right at first so my son took me shopping & stocked up on some staples.Now I can knock up a vegan meal in minutes and really enjoy it there’s so much variety and flavour. I do occasionally use meat substitutes but for me that’s like alcohol free alcohol....We have some vegan or veg meals but my OH. is an Aussie & a very good cook, there’s nothing like jerk chicken done on the BBQ xx

• Hi 

I'm so sorry for not replying, I saw your post and then couldn't remember where it was, then I had phone trouble which pickled my memory more. I use my phone for most things.

My daughter is doing well, of course I miss them loads although we are constantly chittering on WhatsApp and frequently doing zoom calls, which helps. Mrs Tvman and I will be getting our 2nd vaccinations very soon so maybe we will get over as soon as possible after the baby is born. When our grandson was born (late) we happened to arrive the same day so we saw him when he was a couple of hours old. 

Alcohol free beer and wine does not appeal to me at all. Talking about alcohol, I have managed to rein in my intake thanks to help from a lovely lady who phoned me every second Friday for a few months. I never got to meet her and now she has moved on to work with the homeless. 

I can't wait till the leisure centres reopen and we have our MacMillan exercise class again, I hope that everyone is still alive and well and my mates David and Hugh are there. David and I started together about 3 years ago and Hugh about a year and a half although it seems like he's been there for 3 years too. He's hard work, always wise cracking but a heart of gold. 

Thanks for caring, Tinalay.

Take care and stay safe

Tvman xx

Love life and family.