No treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 38 replies
  • 47 subscribers

AHad a letter from Onocoligy looks like that’s it. I asked about trials and they say not any trails going on.Is it worth getting a second opinion or am I wasting my time?

They are ringing the end of this month so I have time to think what to do.Any advice would be helpful.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Georgette

Thanks Georgette 

Got my appointment to see them on the 23th so see what happens.Hope you are ok? I’ll let you know the outcome.Hibiscus

• I am ok ,and have a telephone Consultation this Thursday,following a CT scan that was on 6thh November,so I am quite anxious about the results. 

The 23 for you is not to far away,so I hope that things go well with you. The waiting is awful isn't  it. It will be 6 weeks since I finished my chemo which seems ages ago now.

Take care of yourself and do let me know how you get on. My fingers are crossed for you.

Georgette x

• FormerMember

Thanks Georgette

good luck for Thursday know how you feel.Hibiscus

• Hi

i read your profile and although my cancer is different I could recognise myself in a lot of what you have written, especially the fear of what may happen if there is no other treatment and what a rotten disease cancer is. 
    I wish you all the best and hope that you receive the support and treatment that you need. 

LinziR
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi   I know what you mean about seeing the information in black and white, it's a shock and hits hard.

I'm so sorry to hear your news and agree with the others, it's worth a second opinion. It's good to know you're feeling mostly ok at the moment.

We all seem to do better when there's a plan, and hopefully your Oncologist will have a plan for keeping you as well as possible for as long as possible with or without active treatment. Is there someone you can talk things over with before your appointment on 23rd so you're able to ask all the relevant questions? 

The waiting is so hard, will be thinking of you and hoping for more positive news,

xx

• FormerMember

Good luck for Thurs, I hope your scan results are positive. Will be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed.

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to LinziR

Hi LinzIR

Thanks for your reply.Ive been dreading it at least there is Hope when  you have a plan.I have them ringing on Monday so I will see what’s what then.Hibiscus

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Tinalay

I am finding it hard at the moment just waiting for Monday now.I had a letter from Onocoligy that was sent to my Doctor.She said that there isn’t much more treatment they can offer I asked about trials and she said there isn’t anything down this way at the moment.So that brighten the day up.have a talk with them Monday so see then.I asked for a phone call I don’t want to go up to the hospital at the moment to many covid cases going around.

Hope you are ok take care Hibiscus

• Hi Peggy24

Not sure if its something you would be interested in but I have been looking online at a website called chemocare which has all the chemo drugs info on it and the type of cancer it can be used for - might be worth having a look there.  x

Carpe Diem
    Deb1E
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Deb1E

Thanks Deb1E

iI’ll have a look for it.Hibiscus