How do i get into this

• 41 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Well i do not know what i am doing

• woohoo i think i finally made it back here...

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

Hello  

I am usually tech savvy but the upgrade is making using iphone next to impossible. And its taking ~ a minute to get to my groups making it harder to communicate. I am not fond of the new hard to navigate site.  Hard enough having cancer bur to put multiple steps  to get to my groups. The old site it was instant. Very disappointing.

Hugs to all,

millie

• hi millie i have book marked my groups

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ellie 73

Hello 

Thank you that helped a bit bit  still need direct link to reach the forums without seeing giant icons used by nubies or asking for donations. 

i need the discussions with newest posts that was easy and fast on iPhone. Thats how I kept up with my buds.  

Ellie or anyone is there a  users manual for the sight?  Apparently I need one!

Ok will quit moaning and go find  using my computer 

Hugs to all

Millie

• have not seen a user guide as such but have been on the help page and message the moderator who was very helpful 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ruthjp

Dear

I had same problem and then reposted and now its duplicated.... I am determined to make this work.

Yours,

Millie

• Eek! This all looks very different. Hope everyone is alright. Best try and work out this new format

Xx

Flowerlady x
  • Hi Millie,

I am slowly getting my head around the new site.  I use an android phone or my laptop and certainly struggled to use my phone.

I know that admin are trying to deal with problems such as people being logged off all the time.  From my point of view I have found that when I have logged back in (on my laptop, I haven't tried this on my phone) my message is still waiting to be sent.  Perhaps more disappointingly there are still some features that they need to remove such as the vote down button.  I wonder why this was not done before going live?  I also recently found out when I posted a message which gave a password to Skaila's funeral service that although admin informed me they had removed the password from my post it had already been circulated to anyone who had their notifications turned on!  I also do not like receiving lots of notifications and it took me quite a while to find out how to set my preferences and turn them all off.  However, I do find it useful for the latest activity time on my home page to be accurate to be useful.  So far it has been anything up to 12 hours out of date.

I think that it is going to take a while for me to get used to the new site and stop missing the old one.  One of the things Ii do like is that when I click on someone's profile now the picture is actually displayed large enough to actually be able to make it out.

I have accessed the help page via the button at the top of the online community which is as near to a manual as I have seen.  It breaks down into a series of headings.  I went to it for specific issues rather than trying to read everything but it was helpful if not always very clear.

Good to have you back with us again and hopefully we will all learn how to best use the site soon.

All the best,

Gragon xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

Hi  and other old pals 

I think I escaped the testing of the site (and guilt by association) by the skin of my teeth (by being severely unwell). I’m not going to get into it too deeply on site but I think there is a complex discussion around the incurable and end of life stage of cancer that’s maybe not replicated in other groups. I recall a very frustrating conversation with a consultant who wanted me to tell them how to make the site more useful. Would a quick link back to the discussion we had two months ago about, for example, memory books help? Ummm no. I think that would be incredibly rude, deeply patronising and cliquey. What I want is the ability to talk easily, to have grown up conversations. I might as well have been talking Greek. 
    I do not know the answer to this. I think we maybe clever enough to work it out, though. Until then I’m gonna keep posting steaming piles of Poop

• Hi Gang  Yes it is so totally different here! I would like to know why you have to scroll down to find the latest post as it used to be on the top, now it starts at 4 years ago which seems upside down to me! I wonder if it will change at any point or do you all think it will stay like this!

I have also been asking about a "user manual" I like to read how to do things and then try it. Not just having to go blindfold and hope I click on the right thing eventually!! Love Annette X

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!