FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 0 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Dear All .Herewith an email I have just received from Skaila's daughter :-

Samantha Wayne
4:01 PM (34 minutes ago)
to me
Hi Diz.  Please pass this on to 'the gang'.
Mum's funeral will be at Golders Green Crematorium at 3pm on Friday 31st.  
62 Hoop Ln, London NW11 7NL.  'Wake' still tbc but I will let you know the details as soon I have them.  I'm hoping to have them in the park you came to with mum on her birthday last year, however that cafe has closed due to building works/Covid, but I'm in touch with them to see if they can still do something for the day.  I'm just waiting to hear back. 
As discussed numbers are tight, so if any of the guys  aren't able to travel please let them know that there will be a web cam streaming the service.  However I don't want people to be martyrs and say that they don't want people to take a space from someone else.  You were all very important to mum in her last days and she talked of you often, so please do speak up if you want to go and I if there is a problem with numbers I will be honest and say so.  travelling partners or family are more than welcome at the wake, however they won't be able to attend the ceremony, so will just to have to kill an hour while it is in progress.  
With regards to the service it self it won't be a religious service, but will be a celebration of her life so I'm asking for people not to wear black but purple, burgundy or brown for reasons that will be explained during the ceremony.  Be prepared to be embarrassed and sing a silly song as it would tickle mum to know we are doing so.
Finally I'm asking for no flowers, but a donation that I'm yet to set up which will go towards a memorial bench and tree in the communal garden area where I'm hoping to do the wake.  Any money left over will go to the Royal Marsden hospital that treated mum over the years.   More information on that when I have it.  If any of the guys have any particular stories or things about mum that they'd like to share which I may be able to include in the ceremony feel free to pass them on to me.
Speak soon. 
THEREFORE  - 
Please could you let me know who would like to attend and we can sort out the numbers for the day.
Thanks All
Love n Hugs
Diz xxxxx