Vinorelbine tablet form

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi everyone

I will be having vinorelbine tablet form due to an increase in the size of the node in my bronchial tube, has anyone got experience of this treatment?

I've had 2 years of keytruda which finished in January and things were stable until my scan 24 June. 

• Hello Vixter123. I am not familiar with your troubles but I am sure someone else will be.and hopefully you will hear from them. Welcome to the nicest forum you could be a part of. Plenty of support here whenever you need it. Best wishes.

• HI, A warm welcome to the group!  I'm sorry I haven't had experience of this particular tablet. I see you were on Keytruda (Pembro) for two years. I was on Tafinlar (Dabrafenib) tablet for over 3 years. The main thing with any of these tablets is to take them "exactly" as you are told. Some you take an hour before food, two hours after food, or with food! I took mine twice a day, exactly 12hours apart, they can be taken once daily or once a week but whatever you are told, stick to it. This will give you the best chance of it working. While I was taking it, others at the clinic asked did I take it as directed and I said of course, otherwise what's the use of taking it. Their answer was, oh they stuck with it during the week but if they were going out for a meal on a Saturday they just adjusted the time they took the tablet(s)! You were meant to take it 2 hours after food or 1 hour before food at the same times every day! Then 7-9 months down the line, it stopped working for them!  Of course we'll never know if that was the reason but they obviously have good reason to give you specific instructions! When do you start? Good luck!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi

I'd like to echo Norberry's and Annette's welcome to the group, I hope you soon benefit from our warmth, compassion and friendship.

I'm afraid I can't help you with your chemo experience, I have a blood cancer which at present isn't treated with chemo.

Take care and stay safe

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Thank you so much for the message it's lovely to be welcomed and I wish you well too. 

It's been a scary few months with covid around and hope you too stay safe xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

Thank you for the welcome norberry, it seems like a very supportive group already xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Thank you for the lovely message, I'm waiting for a call to go to the day unit. hopefully they will ring this week as I know from experience that I will feel calmer once I have a plan. 

I will definitely be following the instructions to the letter too.  Like us all on this group I've been shielding for months so the thought of my immunity being affected as well is a bit of a downer but I stay positive with great support from my family and close friends and a good sense of humour.

I bake constantly to keep me busy, my neighbours reap the benefits lol

I hope you are doing well,

Stay safe

Vicky

Xx