Finally referred

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 10 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hello everyone so finally I was referred to  another cancer center for my lymphoedema after I have complained last week I didnt get any support from my onco.And this was going on since January.I will ask also to be completely moved to this hospital for chance of have more treatment options than chemo. 

• That is good news for you, have you got the appointment date yet ? 

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to KTatHome

Hello Ktathome no date yet.I am hoping it will be this year:)

Gp told they did as urgent referral.At least my GP is very good.She didnt understand too why they kept me to wait.The onco they didnt even let me know that the clinic wont open anymore.

Some doctors just shouldnt be doctors or nurse.My BC nurse told me.she will find out about another hospital and she never called back.My BP was boiling.

Janet

• Hi Janet

Well done you, you identified the problem and acted, and you got a result. 

I'm so pleased for you

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Thank you Tvman the situation was unbearable anymore.At work now I am struggling even to use the keyboard because my fingers are so swollen.But nightime is worse I cant even hold a cup and this wasnt like before but because they didnt do anything about it so it got worse.

I am so worried I will loose my mobility in my right arm.Its not nice.

Janet

• Well done Janet, I do hope that you get an appointment very soon, & the treatment you need.

Take care.xx

• Good Morning Janet,

Well done for pushing with this and it's good to hear that your GP has acted and you have a referral to another hospital.  You might want to ask your GP how soon you should expect an appointment but if I were you and had not heard anything after two weeks I would call them to ask when my appointment will be.

I hope your appointment comes through soon and something can be done about the swelling.

All the best,

Gragon x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

Thank you Gragon.my GP called me yesterday and she said she will keep eye on it for me.

I just wanted to say to our community that if your are not happy with your treatment or doctor or cancelled or delayes treatment and you feel no support that needs to be adressed and people need raise their voices and complain.There is no place for suffering just because of covid 19.

Janet

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well Done !

Hope you have a fast referral. I am so glad you stuck to your guns,

Hugs

Millie

• Dear Janet500

I am so glad that you finally seem to be getting help

However I am shocked at how long you have had to put up with this. There is no excuse. If a Nightingale hospital can be built within weeks, then there is the ability to keep the NHS moving. It scares me to think that someone might have dropped through the net, become incurable suffered needlessly etc over the past few months. 

Anyway, what matters is that you feel better soon and you have more confidence in your treatment. 

Take care xx

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to flowerlady

Thank you Flowerlady.I am really p...d off with my oncologist and nurse.I am going to call my GP next week try to be transferred to this cancer center completely.I cant name my hospital but its one of the virus hospitals in London.If they cant provide cancer care why they have a cancer unit at all?Seem like other ladies have a lots of treatment options in other hospitals but this hospital doesnt do too much for me.Just basic chemo and ctscan that's what my onco doing for me.I hate even to talk to them.

Janet