Shielding advice

• 2 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi everyone

Yesterday, our Executive announced in a strange way that those like me who have been shielding since the beginning of March this year (although it feels like it has been March last year) that we will be shielding until 31st July! 

Our First Minister announced that "Shielding advice will be paused from July 31st". What a strange way to say it, Whatever the semantics, I will be shielding for another 6 weeks although I can meet with one person  outside of my house but it has to be the same person every time. Yippee? No. It's an extension of house arrest. 

Any shielding news in the rest of the UK? Any extension news?

I'm getting tired again, time for another short kip. Slight smile

Tvman x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

I can imagine it does feel like an extension of house arrest. I must say I’ve rather lost track of the guidance in England. Something to do with being allowed to form a bubble with one other household if you live alone.

I found the guidance impossible to follow from day one, mind you. Almost as soon as we went into lockdown and I was supposed to be shielding I had to go to hospital. I needed a lift so that broke all the rules. I needed to go to A&E, ditto. My daughters have strained the rules to the limit and I have to say that their mental health took priority at times.

The most useful line in the shielding guidance for me was where it said the guidance is voluntary and it’s up to you whether you follow it. 

how was your kip? 
    xx

• Hi

Hope you got home ok. Funny but for some reason I didn't bracket you as a shielder, probably because you have been up and about so much. Have to agree with you that you have broken every rule written and at least a dozen yet to be written.

I know it's voluntary but I don't want to break any rules however my wife has a back and neck scan to get on the 29th June which she has already postponed twice and they were very understandable but to ask for a postponement a third time? We thought the shielding was going to finish on the 30th June so that was good but now our Executive has extended it to the 31st July so we've now had a spanner in the works because she hasn't ventured out yet, stayed in with me.

Didn't get that kip, I was too wide awake, maybe not WIDE awake but anyway I didn't get any..

I'm sure you're worried about the girls, if it were me, I would be too. Dear love them. And you too of course.

Goodnight Daloni

Tvman xx

Love life and family.