BONE PAIN

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 16 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Just like to ask the community your thoughts on the best ways of dealing with bone pain. At this time it comes and goes, extremely painful thankfully doesn't last more than a minute or two  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

hi no problem my meds are Lansoprazole 30mg Gastro-resistant capsules one a day

Naproxen 500 mg two a day for bone pain

Tamoxifen 20mg one a week to control hormone sweats  (not great)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Thanks for all replies the surgeon debacle was back in January phoned a palliative coordinator today not great bless them got a number for Marie Curie anyway feel very tired today due to be woken up by sweats due to my hormone treatment. On Tamoxifen 20mg once a week supposed to control my sweats unfortunately not working, anyone got any ideas? I will get back on the phone but not till Tuesday my being needs to regroup. 

• Hi I am pleased you phoned someone but how disappointing you didn't get help there and then. Marie Curie are definitely the people who know all about meds and what works for what. When you have waited this much, another few days hopefully don't seem too long! Please tell them everything so they have the big picture, as well as the pain, the sweats and the tiredness! Good luck!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey Jim 

I'm cazzy im sorry you not had much luck with treatment concerned. Have you asked gp to increase pain medication im not sure if tamaxfloxin lime kethzoke can cause pain in bones etc sorry my ignorance ejat yiur diagnosis I'm stage four breast cancer spread to my bones and spine.  I was diagnosed year agk next month and at one point was on 60mg twice daily of slow release morphine 250mg twice daily pre gablin amongs t. Paracetamol steriods etc year on im on 20mg slow release morphine sometimee. Oral.morphine top up snd 200mg pre gablin twice day we were looking at reducing that but becauae i suffer ejtj depression and wws disgnosed with clinical anxiety pre gablin can be used for that and ny cat passed awwy 3 weeks ago xxx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi Annette  I see you mentioned a trial can you tell me more about that please thanks  joyce xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Dear ,

Sorry to hear of your pain, and the confusion with the different consultants, nurses and GPs.

The only way to get fast attention is to make like a great  sweeping wheel. Tell  every one of them how you feel. What do they think is causing the pain?  My docs make sure my fit D3 is> 40 and my calcium levels are normal. 

Keep up the good fight for yourself and asking your doctors what could be causing the pain.

Warm regards,

Millie