Time to support each other

• 5 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hello fellow friends

I have not posted on here for a short while due to one thing or another.

Some of you I have had the pleasure of having 'banter + advice' with. There are new people joining al the time. We all have the same fears in the cruel world.

About our treatment, will we still be treated or not.  Am I classed in the vulnerable pot or not.  Will I get a letter or not. etc

I don't want to ramble on about me and what I have not received but just want to say to the fellow community;

We have each other to at least try and help us through this and I want to wish all of my fellow incurables lots of love and wishes during this time

I am not very demonstrative (stiff upper lip and all that) but for now please let us support and care for each other in the best way we can

Much love to all of you

IamLyn

• Hello , lovely message, we haven’t had a chance to have any banter yet so hi. I have had a long break from this group, I had to pop back and do a few posts it’s an uncertain time for many of us. Luckily for me I have recently completed the Macmillan Hope (Helping overcome problems effectively) course which helped me cope with my last scanxiety and has refreshed my resolve to cope as positive as I can with uncertainty, so it couldn’t have been better timed really to help with this next batch. 

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to KTatHome

Thanks . That’s a lovely message. I agree. I think lots of us are having wobbles at the minute and that’s completely understandable. I hope this community can be a safe place to let off steam and talk about the worries but also a place of hope and fun too. I need you all 

xx

• Hi Lyn, Kt & Daloni,  Hi Lyn & Kt, nice to see you post again! Yes I think this self isolation makes this group very important so we can chat to one another etc.

I've had some technical issues but today on my new Samsung Tablet, I received......wait for it..... 139notifications from this group, all in my Junk mail file!!! I have not received them through the regular channels for a very long time and now like buses they've all come at once! Lol! I'm not even going to try to read them all, although I'm sure it would take me more than twelve weeks and keep me occupied!!!

This was the last one I received! I was thinking recently about what my oncologist told me when I started getting bad side effects from the Target drug I was taking, as I said I'd persevere as I still had a lot I wanted to do! She reminded me to think about the "Quality of Life" and that I would know if things got much worse!  Well this wasn't the quality she talked about, staying indoors etc! We were lucky we managed to fit in our holiday and our granddaughter's 8th birthday before this all kicked off! BUT on Wednesday its our youngest grand child's 5th birthday and I do intend popping in (they are 8doors along) for a bit of cake! I haven't told anyone yet! Thankfully I organised her gift before we went on holiday!

I'm sure others are in the same situation that at the start, you are scared to book anything more than two weeks in advance but now after 4 years in May NED weve to cancel a long weekend in May, a two week holiday in Haven and a day out with Thomas the Tank Engine at Bo'ness Steam Railway which are all family breaks. Also two weeks in Salou in Oct and 3 weeks in Spain in Feb21!

Wow!! I hadn't realised just how settled in this new life we were until now! We will postpone, not cancel them and go whenever!

Take Care and STAY SAFE EVERYONE!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hey Annette,

If you're determined to see your granddaughter then you can still do it within the general rules. Just call your family to say you'll be along in a minute and they can put a drink and some snacks on the garden wall before retreating back inside. Then you can take your one walk of the day and stay in the garden and chat to them who stay in the house so long as there's 2m between you all. It means you can see them face to face but still stick with social distancing.

Lass

xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• Hello everyone

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I don't want to miss anyone out that liked/responded so have put to all.

What a wonderful bunch we all are. Bound together and supportive in the most testing and worrying times. I just want to thank you all. I truly hope we can all continue with our treatment soon and have some sense of normality.

Took my walk today by the reservoir what a lovely day. Lots of birds and ducks

Much love too you all